Monday, March 24, 2014

colour goals









I braved the cold and actually went outside to take outfit photos today- but as soon as I got to to the park I remembered why I hadn't bothered in so long. No color. Dead Trees. No grass, just mud. Piles of dirty, melting snow piles. More Mud. And have a hard time taking 'city' photos where anyone can see me, which is, like, everywhere. blurg. I felt the need to dress in rich colors today, and I've been thinking about the need to surround myself more with color in general lately. My apartment is very neutral heavy, it's been a while since I've dressed very colourfully or colour-conciously and I really feel like I can feel the physical effects and emotional drain. I want to focus on addressing this somehow and I'm curious to see how palpable the results will be of purposely incorporating more colour into things I interact with daily.











sweater: zara
skirt/loafers: vintage/thrifted
tights: old (?)
bear pocket buddy: made it- available on etsy

9 comments:

  1. I love this! It's bright and fun without being garish. Very inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love those tights! and the sweater is darling. warmer, colorful days will come :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always love the bear. He's like "Hello! I'm a bear." <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. It can be so depressing when everything is bare and there's no color. It's one of the many reasons why winter and I don't get along too well. That's why I love the spring when there's blossoms on the trees and the flowers come up and the fall when there are colorful leaves everywhere. Summer is pretty nice too since there are still flowers, but after a while it's all just pretty much green and no variety!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wearing bright colours should be a definite remedy. I'm not sure why people insist on wearing dark colours in winter - rich, velvetty colours make sense but why grey and black?? What time of year do you crave colour more than in winter? I even wear flowers in winter, I don't care if it's 'wrong'. You should buy some cut flowers for your flat too and keep an eye peeled for buds on trees and other signs of life in the trees and the animals. You don't want to miss that first thrill of spring because you're blinded by the traces of mud and snow...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the edition of the pics and your colorful outfit! I am also longing for spring and blue skies, but I have to admit that I wish I could take snow pictures here in Barcelona during winter, I guess being difficult for me to take is what makes it more appealing :) I don't miss the mud though ;p

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job incorporating bold colors into your usual style. It's a bit of a departure, but it's still very much you. Really sets off your hair, too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ghost Cary Grant loves the colors!

    ReplyDelete