Monday, August 12, 2013

Big Sur 2

IMG_5010



IMG_5055



More photos from our day around Big Sur. It's such a beautiful, peaceful place. We found a little hiking trail that looped out over the ocean to reveal a waterfall in the cove below. It looked like a scene straight out of Neverland. Turns out this couple in the pioneer days came upon this area and decided to settle. Right here. On that cliff. With a view of the waterfall. Not a bad end destination. I can't even imagine getting here in a wagon though- the terrain is so bumpy and rocky and all over the place. It's so crazy to think how many people got over here that way back in the day.

IMG_5075

IMG_5044

IMG_5092

IMG_5112

IMG_5119

IMG_5140

IMG_5155

IMG_5180

IMG_5193

IMG_5217

IMG_5224

IMG_5176

I think it's safe to say this is probably one of my favourite places I have ever been. The scenery is just so amazing. I had no idea how hard is was to reserve a place to spend the night here though, so hopefully in the future we can plan ahead and actually camp here sometime.

outfit: everything vintage and thrifted

11 comments:

  1. The water looks so incredible! I want to go there so bad!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my GOODNESS I seriously cannot get over how adorable those overalls look on you...! You are seriously perfect miss! <3 I'm so happy to hear you had such a lovely time <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning. I can imagine wanting to make a home right there just for the scenery!

    ReplyDelete
  4. so lovely. I want to be that pioneer couple.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that is so beautiful! And I love the pictures of you in the tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such beautiful, dreamy, hazy photos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. it's interesting how all these bright colours match in your photos.

    You create a very dreamy atmosphere.
    keep updating us with new photos,we are now following you.
    best regards:)
    http://photographyor.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
  8. These colours are genius <3 It makes the photos super magic <3
    You look adorable hun

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. It does look like an amazing place. This is your favorite!?? You've traveled sooooo much! That's so wonderful!
    Love the photos!
    +Victoria+

    ReplyDelete
  10. everything is vintage or thrifted? UNBELIEVABLE! I need that salopette!

    ReplyDelete