Monday, October 29, 2012

The Blaze

IMG_4480

IMG_4473

IMG_4484

Sleepy Hollow (yes it's a real place, see a cooler more historical post here) puts on a really cool Halloween event every year called 'The Blaze'. We got invited last minute by some friends who ended up with extra tickets, leapt onto the next MetroNorth train, and got there by 9pm in time to walk through a Jack O Lantern wonderland. From what I hear, they use around 70% real pumpkins in these displays using thousands of jack-o-lanterns to comprise different scenes and animals. It was really impressive, and really enchanting. So I know it's hard to see from the photos, but remember- everything you see is a pumpkin, or gourd, or cleverly arranged pile of pumpkins, carved and glowing to look like...well, lots of stuff. It was great!

IMG_4482

IMG_4518

IMG_4531

IMG_4532

IMG_4586

IMG_4578

IMG_4571

IMG_4644

IMG_4498

IMG_4481

IMG_4608

IMG_4603

IMG_4623

IMG_4624

IMG_4636

IMG_4699

IMG_4716

IMG_4722

BOO

I really love this cute little brooch I made. I love the idea of little animals and creatures peeking out of pockets. I'm going to make more pocket buddies to sell on my etsy shop, so stay tuned for that:)



outfit:

hat/socks-h&m
blouse-joe fresh
skirt/shoes-vintage/thrifted
brooch- made it


HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

7 comments:

  1. So so sooo cool! I wish I could go see that. The pictures are so great too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pocket brooch, so cute!


    Marie @
    Lemondrop ViNtAge

    I am having a fabulous giveaway right here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh wow! those dinosaurs are amazing! i never knew people could be so creative with pumpkin carving.

    littlehenrylee

    ReplyDelete
  4. We spell our names the same! Thank you for the Halloween eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hermosas luces naranjas.
    Me encantan todos lugares que visitan.
    Un abrazo enorme.
    Y feliz Halloween!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that is quite the pumpkin gathering!! Also you seem to be having a really awesome Halloween haha, I'm jealous!

    ReplyDelete