Monday, December 1, 2014

December!

IMG_9780

IMG_9820

IMG_9838

IMG_9793



December has finally arrived! I have really needed the boost of holiday cheer, and this month has felt like a sort of light at the end of the tunnel in a lot of ways. I'll be getting on a plane to see my family in two weeks! I'm slowly starting to make new friends here too, and actually have things planned to look forward to. And there is lots of exciting holiday festiveness around the city like Christmas trees, Christmas lights, and special Christmas menus, drinks, and treats.

It's still not too cold here in Tokyo, and we won't get any snow this month, and maybe not at all, so I've been daydreaming of snowy Utah winters. This is one of my favourite holiday photoshoots in the snow from last year, so I thought I'd share it to get in the mood. Taken in Utah of course, where I'm partial to think the snow is most beautiful. It's supposed to have a St Lucia, Ghostess of Christmas Present, or perhaps even Mrs Claus vibe. Take your pick. I love how vibrant the reds are against the snow, and the lumpy snow covered pines wil always have a special place in my heart.



IMG_9730-2

IMG_9817

IMG_9765

Happy December! And advent and christmas to those celebrating. <3 And happy winter to those in the Northern hemisphere who have snow and chill and cozniess inside to look forward to. I'm so excited for more winter walks, skiing, snowshoeing, sledding, and building snowmen.

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely outfit - perfect for Christmas :-)

    http://bookwormscloset.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been lurking for ages, and I'm glad to hear this month is treating you better. Depression is the nastiest bitch around. I really love this shoot, too - I got a Santa Lucia vibe immediately, even before you mentioned her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cannot wait to see you so soon!!! glad you're making new friends. xo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous! Are you going back to the US for holidays? Happy December!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pictures are so christmas-y (is that a word?.. It is now!) You look fabulous! New reader here, and I love your blog!
    x Angela // the-style-doll.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love red against a snowy background too. You look so super pretty here! These pictures are super Christmas-y. I'm glad you're starting to feel better too!

    Jamie | PetitePanoply.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. This shoot is absolutely perfect. I adore your crown and your dress to no end! I hope you have lots of fun with your family! And I hope you get to see some snow while you're back!
    xo
    Kristina
    www.eccentricowl.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got the winter goddess vibe immediately! A little bit Nordic, a little bit kitsch. Perfect for Christmastide!

    ReplyDelete