Monday, September 16, 2013

a nod to summer

It seems that cooler fall weather is here to stay and we're getting back into the swing of things here in New York. Ryan has started classes again, and I'm applying all over for jobs and trying to brush up on photography and map out my next month. I'm also purging my closet of things I don't wear enough and trying to overall declutter the whole place. This summer was a good one- full of lots of adventures outdoors with dear friends and family and I'm very grateful to have experienced such a sunkissed time. Seeing friends meant the world, and being out West again and seeing the desert and ocean really revived me. Here are some straggling images from the summer. I hope they evoke warm sun on your skin, salty breezes in your hair, the smell of chlorine and popsicles, and a sense of sunny nostalgia.



Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

Untitled

IMG_3839

IMG_1315

IMG_1312



Autumn is usually my favourite season but this year I can't seem to let go of summer. I want it to last longer. I want to squeeze more beach time in. I want to spend all day in my swimsuit more. I miss california and can't wait to go back.

13 comments:

  1. Looks like a summer to remember! :D

    -C.C.

    http:/rosecolored-telescope-eyes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I was all ready for fall...then I saw these pictures! Now I miss summer even more :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These pictures are the perfect salute to the end of summer! I especially love that first water shot and your golden sparkling dress! Hope you're having a wonderful day!
    x Hannah

    thebraidedbandit.blogspot.com
    thebraidedbandit.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw now I miss summer! And I wasn't even anywhere near a beach!

    The Occasional Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had such a magical summer, I can see why it's hard to let go! But you're going to have a great fall :)

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  6. such lovely pictures! I could do with some sun too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am definitely not ready for the summer to be over...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Where did you find those lovely red shorts with peeking polka dots? I want em

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thrift store- they were originally shorter and I unhemmed them and surprise! polka dots.

      Delete