Monday, August 19, 2013

celebrations bursting with life

IMG_8832

IMG_8833

IMG_8831

I was recently able to attend my cousin-in-law's wedding, and it was totally magical. The reception was in aunt mary's backyard- the same place we held ours, and she did an amazing job with decorating. She is so incredibly talented with details and putting things together and revamping stuff she finds- she really should be a wedding designer professionally. For her daughter's reception she hung strings of orchids all over, had beautiful wildflower arrangements, painted tons of animal statues bronze, hung crystal chandeliers from the trees, and even scavenged an old boat dock and converted it into a bridge in her front garden. seriously incredible. I'll share more photos I took after I have more time to go through them.

IMG_8841

IMG_8844

IMG_8842

IMG_8845

I was really excited to wear this dress to this wedding- the backdrop of the reception really beautifully compliments the details in the fabric, and the wedding party was wearing all cream, so I matched pretty alright. I love the little painted flowers and insects throughout the pattern on the dress, and the sleeve length is great.

The Bride looked super stunning, and I'll be posting photos I took of her for bridals, and from the reception later this week. her dress was super unique- you won't want to miss it.

IMG_8848

IMG_8851

outfit:
dress: Sheinside
shoes: vintage/thrifted

12 comments:

  1. This is absolutely gorgeous, those floral hangings are so unique and I love how your dress kind of works in with the theme.
    xx Abby | a geek tragedy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a lovely dress! It reminds me of the movie Pleasantville...as if it's in the middle of being filled in with color!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This wedding really does sound magical- those decorations are so inspiring! I love the dress you wore, and I can't wait to see the bride's photos!

    Xo, Hannah

    sweetsweetnoir.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice shots <3

    visit mine whenever you had a chance :D

    stay fab,
    Miss Aa

    ReplyDelete
  5. You remind me of japanesse girls wearing kimono here <3 It's so wonderful and charming, yay !

    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love weddings! Can wait for more of your photos, your dress is very lovely~

    The Occasional Indulgence

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful dress.
    xoxo
    Christy

    http://www.am2pmchic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. The print of your dress is beautiful, tempted to get one its reasonably priced too. Just catching up on your blog. That cotton video is amazing and I absolutely love all your outfits!! Can't wait to get together in the fall.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Absolutely gorgeous. I love this dress...the colors, the silhouette...you look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow. The details of the reception that I can see here are just gorgeous. What a pretty place! I think your dress looks wonderful against this backdrop!

    ReplyDelete