Saturday, September 8, 2012

Asakusa

IMG_3878

IMG_3879

IMG_3869

black sesame ice cream!

IMG_3856

IMG_3885

IMG_3882

IMG_3889

IMG_3880

IMG_3903

IMG_3854

IMG_3928

IMG_3911

IMG_3912

our favorite treat= taiyaki!

sweater/shorts/shoes: thrifted/vintage

sunglasses: vintage


Ali and I spent a lovely (and incredibly hot) day around the Asakusa and Uneo area. There is a lot of cool historic and old-timey feeling stuff around this part of tokyo that I really love, and tons of amazing street food. I even took her across the river to where the new Skytree is located and had her attend some English tutoring I've been doing occasionally. We went up the Skytree later with Ryan, but that's a different post.

Also, you might notice something's different around here....I was getting really sick of my layout and felt really antsy for a change, and wanted to go more clean and simple. Please let me know if anything is displaying weird for you! I'm terrible with technology, and have probably overlooked at least a dozen important things. It took me all morning just to crank out what's showing, so I think I'll leave it for a while unless something is drastically wrong...I might be tweaking more a little this week, so sorry if things are not showing or all jumbled or something.

3 comments:

  1. i said it already - but the layout is great. and black sesame ice cream! that sounds really good - i can't imagine how it would taste though. i love all the different flavors in different countries - i'd love to try this. and that little fish cookie is so adorable!

    <3 katherine
    of corgis and cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  2. The site looks great! As do the photos, this is right round the corner from my old apartment, 久しぶり!!!

    ReplyDelete