Tuesday, March 6, 2012

knits knits knits

e45345_25

e45345_7

e45345_6

e45345_9

e45345_12

e45345_11

Alright, so here is where I start recalling the various things I did while my family was in town.. one day while my dad was at a conference my sister and Emily and I went to Coney Island...somehow almost all my photos from the beach disappeared off the computer and the camera, so these are it...there were a lot more of us together, but oh well I guess. It was a beautiful, breezy, clear day, and we had fun just strolling around for a while.

e45345_10

e45345_18

e45345_20

e45345_23

e45345_21

e45345_24

Even though it's march, it's still pretty chilly here, and we've been getting a lot of frigid wind lately, so I'm getting all I can out of my knits and layers...still bundling like a semi-maniac. I genuinely love all the articles I'm wearing though, so how can I complain? hat with kitty ears. yes. scarf from my sister, and cozy to boot. comfortable wool cardigan with wooden buttons. ok yeah I think snow makes more sense than sand. I can't believe it hasn't snowed here once! (why don't we say 'snown'?)

outfit deets:
hat: etsy
wool tunic: thrifted
cardigan: thrifted/ altered
wooden buttons: etsy! did you know you could find little cross sectioned buttons with tree rings still visible in them? well you caaaaaan...
riding trousers: gift
boots: thrifted
gloves: romwe


.....geeze, am I missing anything? what am I going to do wth myself in july when I only have to say ...'dress'...

16 comments:

  1. So lovely to be by the sea.You look so cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. aaaaaaaaaa....love your outfit! i think,you want to keep warm and do it as comfortable as possible, and you got it. That's great ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're adorable and make me smile whenever I stop by your blog :)

    I love chilly visits to Coney Island...calls for a warm, carnival-food-infested summer visit! Glad you got some snaps, and I am dyyyying over your hat!

    At least the sun was out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much! your comments are always so nice!

      Delete
  4. wow i have never been to coney island before actually. i really should visit it one day. your photos are lovely. makes me want to take a trip to the water so badly.

    <3 rae

    http://www.loveforschoolgirl.net/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. dooo itttt! do it before it gets warm and crowded!

      Delete
  5. You look so cute warm & cozy. This is the perfect exploring the beach outfit.
    I really love your photography as well. I think you have a great eye.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much! it definitely helps that my sister was helping take photos too, and she's a painter so she has a great eye for composition.

      Delete
  6. these photos are so great! makes me want to go to coney island... :) also, i must say, i want all your knits!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha thanks! you should come visit new york!

      Delete
  7. Great pictures! You look so cozy! That's the great thing about knits knits knits! ;)

    Julia
    Cup of Tea
    http://cupoftea-style.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jealous of all your scenery! You always have the best backdrops for your photos. Also, that burgundy color is so pretty on you :)

    ReplyDelete